If there is one thing you should know about making a gingerbread cookie condo it’s that it’s not possible to do so. In the world of holiday baking, the only option we’re given is to build a gingerbread cookie house with the pre conceived notion that we all live in homes when we don’t. And to think of all the layers of gingerbread cookie one can use to create a gingerbread condo instead. Devouring it would be an honor in the name of all things Christmas!
Nonetheless, here is a recipe for a Gingerbread Holiday House courtesy of allrecipes.com. Remember that you don’t have to be a landscaper, architect or carpenter to make the perfect gingerbread cookie house. All it takes are the ingredients listed below:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 1/2 HONEY MAID Gingerbread Grahams
- 1 (0.81 ounce) package NABISCO 100CALOREO Thin Crisps
- 4 NABISCO 100CALMISTER SALTY Yogurt Flavored Pretzels
- 17 assorted gummy candies
- 18JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 piece red string licorice (1-1/2 inch)
- Nonpareils or colored sprinkles
Follow these directions and you’re all set!
1. Mix sugar and water. (Frosting will be thick.) Spoon into resealable bag. Cut small piece off bottom corner of bag. Use frosting to secure all graham pieces and decorations.
2. Break whole grahams crosswise in half. Assemble house, using 1 graham square for floor and 4 squares for walls. Cut 1 of the remaining graham squares diagonally in half; secure to tops of 2 opposite walls for roof supports. Top with remaining graham squares for the roof. Let stand 5 min.
3. Decorate with remaining 1/2 graham and all other remaining ingredients to resemble photo.